The national pastime of the planet Zenn-La

A blog that chronicles the knitting (mis)adventures of a college student who loves French, Latin, philosophy, music and evolutionary biology.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

The knitwit begins

Greetings, all! Welcome to my knitting blog. I'm Ingrid, a 23 year old senior at the University of Arizona. I keep two LJs: one for my daily life and another for my academic and creative writing, but I decided to go with Blogger for my knitting needs because my good friend Cerridwen has a blog, and she got me into knitting. I've been knitting for a little over a year, and enjoy finishing small objects such as scarves and hats.

My first big project is the Monk's Travel Satchel. I started it in March, but I just snagged some hand painted bulky yarn that I want to make it with instead of my thin cotton/wool blend that I've been working with - I'm only on the strap thus far, so I don't know if I'll frog the 55" I've completed so far or just try and finish the bag with the yarn I've got and just make a second bag with the new yarn I acquired. We'll see.

As soon as I get my digital camera USB cable, I will definitely post pictures of my WIPs and FOs that I've made in the past year. New posts will include pictures of WIPs for sure. The goal of my blog is to post pictures of my progress, and marvel at the accomplishments of having created something with my own hands. Knitting isn't just for fun: it's a living symbol of work, play and accomplishment. I'm glad to have found a hobby that gives me structure but allows me to be creative as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cerridwen said...

First post!! I feel special!! Welcome to the world of knitting blogging!! Now you can start links, and all kinds of fun!!

You should make 2 monks satchles. I love mine, and use it a lot, but want to make another for differnet use. I think you would enjoy a couple, differnt fibres, colors, sizes, so you can use them for different thinks.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home