The national pastime of the planet Zenn-La

A blog that chronicles the knitting (mis)adventures of a college student who loves French, Latin, philosophy, music and evolutionary biology.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Needle inventory

These are the circular and double pointed needles I currently own and the material they're made of (Clover bamboo or metal INOX). I have scores of straight needles in a variety of sizes, but I don't use them as much as I used to - and that's a good thing. Still, I'm not going to get rid of them. I never know if I'll need them in a pinch.

Circular needles:

16" size 8 INOX
16" size 9 bamboo
16" size 9 metal (It's actually a cool detachable needle, but the joins are rusted over, so I don't think I'll really ever use this one; I found it in my mother's stash in her craft room. She doesn't knit, so everything that was knitting related went to me!)
16" size 10.5 INOX
24" size 1 INOX
24" size 1 INOX (I have two to make socks simultaneously; I haven't figured it out yet, but that'll be for another post)
29" size 4 INOX (I actually wish I didn't get the needle this long; the pattern for the Monk's Travel Satchel called for it, but it's too long and unwieldy to work efficiently; a 24" probably would have done the trick.)

Double pointed needles (sets of 5):

size 3 bamboo
size 8 bamboo
size 10.5 birch hardwood

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home