The national pastime of the planet Zenn-La

A blog that chronicles the knitting (mis)adventures of a college student who loves French, Latin, philosophy, music and evolutionary biology.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

More recent FOs

I made this hat on a whim because I found the blue/white lace yarn in the buck-a-ball section at Purl's and thought the speckled look would be fun. It is! I'm really pleased how it turned out. I decreased too exactly, so that's why there's a small point at the top. (You can't tell in the picture, but there's a wee "turnip" point - it's not truly garish, but the next time I knit a cap, I'll be a bit less frugal with decreasing.)

Yarn: Plymouth Encore; Domino
Type: worsted; fingering weight
Colors: white; blue & white
Needles: 16" circular size 8, size 8 dpns

This is a more bulkier panta than my first one. It still has to be sewn together at the narrow ends, but that's a snap.

Yarn: Lamb's Pride (85% wool, 15% mohair)
Type: Worsted
Color: Royal Blue
Needles: 16" circular size 8

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home