The national pastime of the planet Zenn-La

A blog that chronicles the knitting (mis)adventures of a college student who loves French, Latin, philosophy, music and evolutionary biology.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

WIP: my first pair of socks

If I would have kept my digital camera battery supply up to snuff, I would have posted more "stages" of my sock knitting process since I started the first one a couple days ago. I'm attempting my first pair on 5 double pointed needles. I figure if I can knit socks with them, I can do anything! Last night at the Stitch 'N Bitch, I completed the heel flap, turning the heel, and most of the gusset. I'm now on the actual foot!







Yarn: KnitPicks Parade
Type: sport/fingering/sock yarn
Color: Forest

One of these days, I'm going to put my size 1 circular needles to use and learn how to knit two socks simultaneously so I can avoid Second Sock Syndrome. I have one ball of KnitPicks' Simple Stripes yarn (color: Storm) - perhaps I can use the 2 circs to knit one sock from that ball for practice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home