The national pastime of the planet Zenn-La

A blog that chronicles the knitting (mis)adventures of a college student who loves French, Latin, philosophy, music and evolutionary biology.

Monday, July 03, 2006

FO: my first sock

Well, I finally finished my first sock! And it fits! I thought I was knitting rather tight on my size 3 dpns (those are actually a large needle gauge by sock standards), but the stitches were sort of loose and stretched more than I anticipated, creating a few ladders and holes where I picked up stitches in the heel flap. I'll have to knit the second one a wee bigger.

I still need to learn how to do the Kitchener stitch (grafting) for real, since I kind of fudged the toe. I shaped it correctly with ssk and k2tog decreases, but at the end, I was so anxious to finish that I just made up some sewing technique and closed it. But who will be paying attention to my toes when I'm wearing this sock with a pair of loafers? I thought so.

Such an accomplishment! YAY!


Yarn: KnitPicks Parade
Type: Wool fingering weight
Color: Forest stripe

1 Comments:

Blogger Cerridwen said...

I notice how the toe is convinently hidden in the picture.

Socks usualy do look a little smaller until you put them on.

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home