The national pastime of the planet Zenn-La

A blog that chronicles the knitting (mis)adventures of a college student who loves French, Latin, philosophy, music and evolutionary biology.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

A scarf becomes a doily

As if more proof of my ADD-style knitting were needed, I decided to bind off Liesel at 60 rows rather than frog back to my mistake and re-knit. I wasn't too crazy about the color, although I really do like the smooth feel of the cotton blend yarn.



I went with Cerridwen today to Howard's Handwerk Haus to look at Lamb's Pride Worsted yarn in a multitude of colors. The colors that struck me the most were "Framboise", a bright plum color, and a slight off white. I didn't purchase either today, but will go back next Thursday and see if there's any I want to take with me to Europe to knit on the plane.

My knitting goals for the week:
-Snag 40% off coupons from either Michael's or Jo-Ann's so I can purchase 2 Addi Turbo needles for my 2 socks on 2 circs project
-Finish my green Parade sock on the dpns
-Bind off the Phi Beta Chi scarf to where it's sort of a cowl. It's really way too wide to be a proper scarf; a 16" circ is just too much for a scarf knit in the round - either that or I cast on way too many stitches to begin with; I can use the Caron Simply Soft for other projects

The Phi Beta Chi scarf:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a pretty fun post keep up the good work.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Cerridwen said...

Purl's is having one of their manager's specials in July (10-15 at the Oracle location) on Lamb's Pride bulky. You wanted to get sometihng to match the purple, you can pick something out and have your mom get it for you while you are gone.

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home