The national pastime of the planet Zenn-La

A blog that chronicles the knitting (mis)adventures of a college student who loves French, Latin, philosophy, music and evolutionary biology.

Friday, November 10, 2006

I eat like I knit - I tend to scarf

I'm off to L.A. this weekend for the second round of the Jeopardy college tournament! I'm so excited to compete! All week I've been studying for classes, and answering queries in the form of a question. I am ready!

I will definitely be taking my knitting on the airplane. Here are two scarves that are WIPs (I guess it would be more correct to abbreviate it as WsIP, but WIPs can be spoken as "whips" in conversation, so I'll stick with that):

Yale scarf:
so named because I was thinking of applying there for graduate school (I decided not to), but mostly because I wanted a navy blue and white extra-chunky scarf (five out of the six schools I'm applying to are on the very cold East coast, so this will be worth my while). I need to buy an extra skein of navy blue because I ran out, and there seems to be more white bars than navy blue; then again, this is another "dice" scarf where the number of rows I knit is determined by the throwing of two die.

Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease thick and quick
Type: super chunky
Needles: size 13 bamboo circs

Irish Hiking scarf:
The first one I did (well, it's nearly 75% done; it'll be a Christmas gift for my grandmother) turned out really well, so I decided to make a big ass one for me. I envision this scarf to be big, black, and chunktastic. And I will definitely add fringe to the end. I like cabling, it just takes awhile sometimes (even the simple 2 strand cable "C6F" that this pattern calls for).

Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease
Type: bulky worsted
Color: Charcoal
Needles: size 10.5 bamboo straights

4 Comments:

Blogger julieanne said...

hi! I popped over from the 20's knitters on lj. Your scarves look great!

And WOW, you're going to be on Jeopardy? That's so cool! Good luck!

8:08 AM  
Blogger Cerridwen said...

Scarves look nice. Wish it was cold enough to need a scarf...

How did Jepordy go? I will be in Kombo for another week, then off to the bush.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Cerridwen said...

INGY!! IT HAS BEEN MORE THAN A YEAR SINCE YOU UPDATED!! GET ON IT!!!

2:25 AM  
Blogger Steve sculpts critters said...

My sister and I spend days making scarves when we were kids, until we got into an argument and both undid each others scarves in front of each other.
Live and learn.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home