The national pastime of the planet Zenn-La

A blog that chronicles the knitting (mis)adventures of a college student who loves French, Latin, philosophy, music and evolutionary biology.

Friday, September 01, 2006

WIP: Go-Go Garter Stitch scarf - Dice edition!

Last night, I had to worke an overnight shift at my job. Ordinarily, this is prime time to get really far on a project I'm working on, but like a doofus, I didn't pack my Irish hiking hat or any of my knitting materials. In a pinch, I bought some bamboo straight needles (very nice quality for only $5 at Jo-Ann Crafts; a chain store, not a LYS) and three skeins of basic all-purpose light wool yarn, not really knowing what I was going to knit. I love scarves, even though I don't get much of a chance to sport them here in Arizona. Still, I decided to branch out from my normal geometric blocked stripe routine, and throw caution to the wind. I decided to knit the basic Go-Go Garter stitch scarf from Stitch 'N Bitch: A Knitter's Handbook, but with a couple of interesting twists: I'll use a light worsted weight yarn, and throw a pair of dice to determine how long each stripe will be. I want the scarf to be more grey than red, so whatever I throw for the grey, I double. I think it'll be fun.



Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease
Type: worsted
Colors: ranch red and oxford grey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home