The national pastime of the planet Zenn-La

A blog that chronicles the knitting (mis)adventures of a college student who loves French, Latin, philosophy, music and evolutionary biology.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

FO: Coronet Cabled Hat

School is in session, and I've been spending the gaps in between my classes working on small items, since they bring near-instant gratification. Knitting this cap went much faster than expected! I loathe picking up stitches, but doing so around the entire cabled braid made knitting in the round a snap. I went to my favorite LYS (Howard's Handwerk Haus) and picked up some more Lamb's Pride yarn to knit a heather grey/heather blue cap (and I'll add a pom pom to it!). Nothing beats the simplicity of a lovely cabled cap.



Yarn: Lamb's Pride
Type: Worsted
Color: Royal purple

As soon as I finished the purple cap, I started a second one, using the olive green (speckled with yellow and maroon) yarn I snagged at a more upscale LYS sale a few months back. I completed the Kitchener stitch correctly on the cabled braid, and the two ends seamed together magically. It was completely worth the ten minutes of concentration.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cerridwen said...

Yay!!! Can't wait to see it!!


Oh, btw, do you have a disk for windows? What does your new computer use?

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home